Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I forgot I grew up...

In high school I had lots of late nights with this one group of guy friends. We always did the same kind of thing that may be look down on in society, such as stealing lawn gnomes, or trading peoples Christmas decoration. I look at it now and see how lucky we were to never get caught. Any way I started to loose contact with some of these old friends until last night when they called. They told me I immediately needed to come over.
So I hopped in my car (after finishing my movie) and went. I don't know what it was but instead of acting like a sane adult I snuck through the back gate, under the terrace, fell on my face the same place I always do, and opened the door really a quite. After flipping over the couch and being flung to the floor with hugs from all my long lost buddies we all started cracking up because, we are no longer past curfew (well for them at least i never had one..thanks mom!) and we could do whatever we wanted! It was very exciting! However not long after I realized I had to work the next day, and they had stuff to do....so unlike times of old there was no four am adventure, and no fear of being caught, instead it was off to bed and responsibility.

2 comments:

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

It's okay, if I stay up too late I get really cranky!

Patty Stephens said...

Sleep is so nice!!!!