Wednesday, December 17, 2008

snow days at work

So sunday morning I got a call from work saying will you please come in for the morning shift (I usually work evenings) and we will send a cab to pick you up. I said yes because working a unscheduled shift is awsome money. So I got up took a quick shower nervous the whole time the cab would come and I would make them late. I put my scrubs and I went to the front window to wait....and wait....and wait.
I called work and told them the situation, they said they would call the cab company back for me. I said thanks, my daddy and I talked for quite some time about theology, and why I was his favorite daughter (just kidding, but I know he was thinking it!!) the girls and I made some pancakes....I waited....my dad and I watched a movie....I waited.....we watched another one....I waited.....My sisters and I played in the snow...I waited. Come two in the afternoon I called my work again, theys said all the cabs are really backed up and that I don't have to worry about being later for my shift it is not like it is my fault. So I waited....at seven thirty that evening I called work and asked if there was anypoint in me coming in? They said no and they would cancell the cab.
Nine thirty that night the cab company called me and asked if I was ready, that they were on the bottom of the hill, I very politely said not thank you and I went to bed.
Four the next morning I got a phone call from work asking if I would come in and work a morning shift as well as any other shift that would come up (it was my day off) I said yes and to send me a cab as soon as possible. So they said ok and I waited.....finally at about one they arrived. I was able to work a bit of morning shift, the whole evening shift, and half of a night shift (state says you can only work 16 hour) so I have been staying at work (really nice suites) and picking up extra shifts if I can. I am sitting in my room just surfing the web till my next shift wich is at 3.
oh and I did not bring my phone charger or a tooth brush. yikes!