Monday, August 25, 2008

The Swiss come to visit!

So my the story of my friend Sam.

One cold and wet rainy Oregon coast day (is there any other kind?), three really bored eighth grade (almost freshman) girls were wandering around the oh so chilly beach. No boys, no sun, no fun! But wait, was that a boy (maybe they were slightly boy crazy) in the distance? "oh no" said one girl "we are on the Oregon beach! There are never cute boys here!!"
Well as it turns out that girl was very very wrong.

It was Bailey, Stephanie, and I and we decided we wanted to pursue a friendship with this boy (cute or not we were desperate). So Stephanie came up with the idea to yell random names until maybe he would respond to one. Bailey and I decided to bash on that idea for a few minutes, and then followed through. We shouted Tom! Elliott! Ralph! Steven! and other varieties of names.
Finally I got bored with this silly game and with bravery that surprised even me, I walked right up to him and asked if he would like to hang out with our little trio. And oh my was that a good idea!
We had found our self our very own, very cute, very foreign, Swiss boy! All that night we hung out and talked about how to say funny words, we went on an adventure that required me to (some would call it stealing) borrow my parents car (no license quite yet...sorry mommy!). Well it could not last long he was going home to very next day so goodbye to him...or so we thought.

Luckily we are the technology generation and through a variety of myspace, email, and face book we have kept in contact these long years. Finally Sam thought it had been long enough since he had seen his favor tie American girls and he flew out to see us. He is here now and will be here another two weeks.
Much to all of our dismay he has a girlfriend. We plan on taking him to see all of the beautiful Portland so if you guys have any ideas for fun adventures let me know!

4 comments:

Patty Stephens said...

its ok that he has a g/f. He lives too far away for you to date him.

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Shut the heck up! That is way too funny! Way to blog by the way! I am checking it daily :)

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

What in the worl you have a blog and Id idn't know?????? Ugh I love you you're one of my favorite people ever!!!

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

Wow my last comment sucked it up. You're my hero, I want to meet Sam. Post pictures of him, I love swissies