Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My natural rythm and other such tragic things.

So today I woke up and had a thought in my mind that maybe I would try zumba in a class for real. Gillian loves it, Patty and Ashley swear by it, so why not right? I may not be graceful but I am sure I can figure out the steps. They don't have to pretty right? Wrong. Well wrong in a class of two!
I have never been so scared in my life. Give me a trafficker to deal with any day! The problem starts with the huge glass windows looking into the "dance studio" of my gym. The problem gets worse when no you can't just "pick up" the moves. The problem only gets worse when the other one of the two of us leaves.
So you here had me and my instructor. Big glass windows. Latin Cha Cha.
Oh no.
We go for a couple of songs where she keeps trying to yell out (she still has the mike on) tips of how I can do better...good luck lady!
Finally she comes down off the stage and stands by me.
Inner head monolage:
You can just leave
No I can't if then she would be a lone
Who cares it's her job
How awkward for her, no it's fine, your American maybe that will help (it didn't by the way)
What if she got fired?
Why fires dance instructors?
Maybe she will loose her pep?

So as you can assume this was not helping my dancing talents. I used to have the same problem when it was time to choose a crayon. I always choose the orange one and told everyone it was my favorite because I was afraid it would hurt the crayons feelings not to get picked.

Finally after another half hour I was like "oh man I am wiped, I am probably just going to finish up the day with a run....thanks!"
Never again zumba. Never again.